Re: Colliding whole notes in a default 4 voices (2x2) piece. Files attac

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Colliding whole notes in a default 4 voices (2x2) piece. Files attached
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:34:00 +1100

On 26/10/10 05:56, Nils Gey wrote:
Hello List!

the attached lilypond has only whole notes in four voices, combined in two
staves (very typical and common as you might now).

The notes are misaligned verticaly, lilypond does know this and informs me of
this while making the pdf.

The current ly file has three pieces/movements but it happens with just one
chord, too. Even if I place the notes far away from each other, so there is no
possible way that the crush, the alignment is wrong.

Why does this happen?

I tested with latest .12 release and then with recent git compile.

You can add

\override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t

at the beginning of one of the voices on each stave. In your example, that would be VoiceI and VoiceIII in each score. If you do have colliding notes anywhere, you'll need to temporarily disable the override at that point.

Nick