Re: Colliding whole notes in a default 4 voices (2x2) piece. Files attac

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Colliding whole notes in a default 4 voices (2x2) piece. Files attached
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:41:05 -0400

Hi Nils,

> the attached lilypond has only whole notes in four voices, combined in two
> staves (very typical and common as you might now).
> The notes are misaligned verticaly, lilypond does know this and informs me of
> this while making the pdf.

I had no time to diagnose your [very complicated] Lily code, but this seems to
work fine here (i.e., with no misalignment):

\version "2.13.35"

voiceA = \relative c'' {
  c1 a c b c c c b
}
voiceB = \relative g' {
  g1 f g g g a g g
}
voiceC = \relative e' {
  e1 d e e e f e d
}
voiceD = \relative c {
  c1 d c e c f c g'
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff << \voiceA \\ \voiceB >>
    \new Staff { \clef bass << \voiceC \\ \voiceD >> }

}

Hope this helps!
Kieren.