Re: Prospective Lilypond user looking for others who are setting traditi

From: James
Subject: Re: Prospective Lilypond user looking for others who are setting traditional music - Thanks for all the replies
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:44:52 +0100

Phil,

On 26/10/2010 13:36, Philip Whittaker wrote:

I should have mentioned that both my computers are running Windows XP.
That OS was essential to my post in education and now I have retired.
I am sympathetic to the principles of open source software but have
not looked too deeply. I have mostly used Linux as an alternative to
Windows to get out of problems that Windows XP has thrown at me, in
paricular not showing me files. However ,I am prepared to use Linux,
if there is a need for this.

No there is no need for Linux. LilyPond will run fine on XP.

See:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/windows

While this is the 'unstable' version of the Documentation, the section on how to run on windows has been significantly improved (with pictures and everything!).

I shall be adding chord symbols and would like to compare the way that
James uses them to the more official method.

I'll send you the same file with the 'official' method (in a separate email) so you can see the difference.

James