Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:14:42 +0200 (CEST)

>>> % tieDynamic to the next dynamic mark, so that they are placed as
>>> % a group
>>> tieDynamic = #(make-music 'CrescendoEvent 'span-direction START
>>>                'span-type 'text 'span-text "")
>>
>> Hmm, using 2.13.37, this has nasty side effects and doesn't yield
>> the expected result...
>
> Hmm, wondering what side effect Werner considered nasty ...
> guessing what result he might have expected ...  Giving up and
> making a nice lunch.

:-)  If I compile this

  {
    d'16\< d'' d''\! d''\>
    d'' d''\! c\< c''
    c''\!
  }

it looks like `dynamic.png' (attached).  The only problem is that the
second hairpin (the decrescendo) is vertically too high compared to
the first hairpin.

Compiling your example

  tieDynamic = #(make-music 'CrescendoEvent
                            'span-direction START
                            'span-type 'text
                            'span-text "")

  {
    d'16\< d'' d''\! \tieDynamic d''\>
    d'' d''\! c\< c''
    c''\!
  }

it looks like `dynamic-gap.png' (attached), and the huge gap between
the crescendo and decrescendo hairpin is not what I expect.
Additionally, I get a nasty warning

  programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -nan staff space
                     Setting to zero.

    Werner

PNG image

PNG image