Re: Trills with accidentals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Trills with accidentals
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:13:59 +0100

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> - this snippet is some kind of a hack anyway, and IIRC your official
> policy is that "convert-ly must handle pristine LilyPond code, but if
> you use hacks then you're on your own" :-)

Hmm, good point.

That's not _quite_ my official policy, though -- my "official" policy
is "nobody is actively maintaining convert-ly, so it's not worth
making a fuss about those bugs".  Just like ancient notation, or
midi2ly, or midi output, or a host of other aspects of lilypond.  I
mean, if somebody seems really concerned about it, then it's worth
adding an issue, but it's a matter of community relations rather than
actual bug-fixes.

I'm a bit disappointed that nobody's stepped forward to "take
ownership" of convert-ly and midi2ly, BTW.  They're both fairly
self-contained programs, dealing with a limited problem domain, and
written in python, which is one of the easiest languages to learn.  I
mean, they're ideal candidates for people wanting to do some useful
programming... you don't even need to be able to compile lilypond in
order to work on those programs!  :)

Cheers,
- Graham