Re: Partname Definition in Lilypond file

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Partname Definition in Lilypond file
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:13:53 +0100

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Joshua Armenta <address@hidden> wrote:
> At my university, we are required to print orchestral parts with the name of
> the part in the upper left hand corner of the page, before the dedication. I
> added the following definition to titling-init.ly above the definition of
> header:dedication to accomplish this:
> \left-align \box { \fromproperty #'header:partname }
> Hope this is helpful,

Greetings Josh,

thanks for sharing! As you may know, there is a better place to post
such tricks so that people can easily find them:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html

So, a better idea would be to post your snippets on the LSR *first*,
then just send the link to your LSR snippet on the mailing list :-)

Yours Pondly,
Valentin.