Re: extra spacing between staves and verses

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: Re: extra spacing between staves and verses
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 15:59:51 +1300

Greetings Keith,
Thanks for the comment. Do you have a special crystal ball there?

Do you know if there is any particular reason why inter-system spacings are done in the \paper block but spacing between staves is dealt with using commands in the \Staff context (Have I got the terminology correct!?)

In my innocence I thought that setting the latter in a 'global' definition would be the way to go. Or is it because some users prefer to control individual staff spacing on a case by case basis... ?

If you have anything to do with the docs for this aspect of LP could you add to the 'selected snippets' section - the two snippets there don't, to my mind, make the spacing issue particularly clear...

Regards
Bill