Re: Question on creating an "ossia" with different times?

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: Question on creating an "ossia" with different times?
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:05:51 +0100

Hi James,

Thanks for pointing out. I upgraded now and I took a look in the new learning manual. You are right, once in a while one has to re-read (parts of) the documentation although you might think you know it all, and I didn't. Apologies.

I found clues on how to run the different \time commands in different staves and take out the Timing_translator. But somehow I'm drifting away from what I had in mind. Now I'm trying to find a way to verticall align notes and the bar lines, because reading it now is also no fun.

The sample below is how far I got untill now.

Regards,
Wim van Dommelen.

P.S. The alignment of the two small ossia's staffs themselves can probably be done with a context, but I'm not there yet.

------ sample code: -----------------------------------------

\version "2.12.3"

\paper {
        #(set-paper-size "a4")
        #(define dump-extents #t)
        indent = 0\mm
}

\book {
    \score {
        \new Staff = "main" {
            \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #end-of-line- invisible
            \clef violin
            \key d \major
            \relative c' {
                \time 3/2