Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:40:57 +0100

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 20:23:51 +0100, Ken <address@hidden> wrote:

Not quite.

Here's the fragment

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = "up" <<
    \clef treble
    \key a \minor
    \time 3/8

    \new Voice [\voiceOne \relative c'' { g16 a bf f' bf, c } }
    \new Voice {\voiceTwo \relative c' { ef,16 f g a g a } }

  \new Staff = "down" {
    \clef bass
    \key a \minor
    \time 3/8

    \new Voice { \voiceFour \relative c { ef4. } }
  }

Not sure what common notation should be but it seems to me that the E flat in the lower staff should have an up and down stem with the up stem beamed
with the rest of the notes in voice 2.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Btw, I tried various permutations of your
suggestions.  The closest I got was the E flat of the second voice with a
\noBeam
Note heads merged correctly.  Stems all correct.  Except for the no beam.

Ken