Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 19:44:23 +0100

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 19:01:18 +0100, Ken <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I tried looking in archives for a solution to my problem but I'm not sure
quite how to put in a search description.

I'm writing a 3-part piece for the piano. 3 voices. In one measure, I have
the second and third (voiceFour in lliypond because the stems are down)
share the same note. The second voice is a 16th note while the third voice is a dotted quarter. I'd like to have the note in the bass stave and have 2 stems, one up and one down. The up one is beamed with the rest of the notes
of the second voice.  How do I do this?

Thanks!

Ken

doesn't \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn and \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn do what you want?

greetings,

Vicente