Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 22:07:34 -0600

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 21:40 +0100, Vicente Solsona wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 20:23:51 +0100, Ken <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Not quite.
> >
> > Here's the fragment
> >
> > \new PianoStaff <<
> >   \new Staff = "up" <<
> >     \clef treble
> >     \key a \minor
> >     \time 3/8
> >
> >     \new Voice [\voiceOne \relative c'' { g16 a bf f' bf, c } }
> >     \new Voice {\voiceTwo \relative c' { ef,16 f g a g a } }
> >   >>
> >   \new Staff = "down" {
> >     \clef bass
> >     \key a \minor
> >     \time 3/8
> >
> >     \new Voice { \voiceFour \relative c { ef4. } }
> >   }
> >  >>

> > Not sure what common notation should be but it seems to me that the E
> > flat
> > in the lower staff should have an up and down stem with the up stem
> > beamed
> > with the rest of the notes in voice 2.
> >
> > Thanks for the prompt reply.  Btw, I tried various permutations of your
> > suggestions.  The closest I got was the E flat of the second voice with a
> > \noBeam
> > Note heads merged correctly.  Stems all correct.  Except for the no beam.
> >
> > Ken
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Vicente Solsona <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
>
> please remember to forward to the list.
> also please review your examples before posting. your example contains
> syntax errors.
>
> there's no E flat in your example. the only common note between voices 2
> and 4 is an F (if I've interpreted your example correctly). Here's how I
> would "mix" that F (result attached):

I believe the OP was using english.ly for note names, so the common note
is in fact an E-flat, spelt ef rather than es in the default nederlands
note names.

regards,
Colin

--
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain, author (1835-1910)