Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: voice sharing the same note on different staves
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:57:12 +0100

2010/11/5 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> It might be argued on that grounds that German note names should be
> canonical: I know of no other note name language that has been employed
> similarly for silly acronyms and word games.

This comes to my mind:

Vive le roi, ut mi ut re re sol mi from Josquin

Granted, they're only vowels and even ut for 'v'.

[unrelated?] In Spanish we have a funny mnemonic for the eight
dominants of Gregorian modes: "La farola de Laredo" (stands for "The
lamppost of Laredo", a town), for La Fa Do La Do La Re Do.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com