Re: Gummi lightweight editor

From: Christopher Meredith
Subject: Re: Gummi lightweight editor
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 07:42:11 -0600

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
Il giorno dom, 07/11/2010 alle 22.43 -0600, Christopher Meredith ha
scritto:
> I did the same, except in the last step, I did: sudo python setup.py
> install
>
> and then ran 'gummi'
>
> Works perfectly out of the box with no additional configuration
> necessary.

It keeps not working on my pc.
If you go in the Preferences => PDF compiling, what do you have?
(I have pdflatex, but I guess I should see lilypond)

Even it works fine for you, can you see any info in the Error output
tab?  I want to understand what's supposed to happen when it works.

If you run it from terminal, what's the output?

Maybe it's not working in my case, because I previously compiled version
0.5.3.  But I uninstalled it and reinstalled 0.4.8.

Anyway, now the error is slightly different.  If I run it from a
terminal, I see this output:

$ which gummi
/usr/local/bin/gummi
$ gummi
libgobject was detected at /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so

Environment created for:
TEX: None
TMP: /tmp/tmpLWVHto.ly
PDF: /tmp/tmpLWVHto.pdf

running:  pdflatex --output="/tmp/tmpLWVHto" "/tmp/tmpLWVHto.ly"
pdflatex: option '--output=/tmp/tmpLWVHto' is ambiguous

Then the program doesn't appear until I hit ^C
The same happens if I run this command:

python /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gummi/Core.py

If I run it from the menu (where the executable
is /usr/local/bin/gummi), the program starts correctly but it doesn't
work either.

I hope your information will help to understand what's wrong with my
installation.

My terminal output when running 'gummi' is here:
http://pastebin.com/hfS57Whz

Under PDF Compiling, I show "pdflatex." The error pane is always blank, though lilypond errors do appear in the terminal.