Treating a tie as a slur

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Treating a tie as a slur
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:05:33 +0100

We all know the difference between a tie and a slur, but some people are
lax and some composer software packages don't really care...

After automatic conversion of sibelius scores to lilypond I often have
ties where a slur is needed, i.e., between notes of different pitch.
LilyPond ignores such a tie. Is it possible to change this behaviour and
treat the tie as if it were a slur?

-- Johan