Re: Brandenburg #3 - convert-ly fails

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: Brandenburg #3 - convert-ly fails
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:02:06 -0500

Thanks i was not aware that the autobeaming settings syntax has been changed.
It would have been nice to deprecate it first instead of removing it completely
in 2.13.
It's really the first time in a while that i need to override the auto beaming
and i am not familiar with the notation, it would be very useful if the doc
provided some examples about how to migrate to the new syntax.

Any idea how to convert:
 # (override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 16 2 2)  1 4)
 # (override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 2 2)  1 4)

I tried
\set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)
\set Timing.beatStructure = #'(2 4)

which is my trial of making the moment a 1/16 and then defining the beaming as
2 groups of 4 1/16.

-Marc