Re: OooLilyPond problem

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: OooLilyPond problem
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:09:48 -0600

There has been a significant fork which may affect this particular Lilypond project. Many/possibly most of the OOo developers quit the OOo project and have started LibreOffice in protest against the parent company that was paying for OOo development. I don't know the details but they are out there on the interwebs.

LibreOffice is also at 3.3.0 beta and does not seem significantly different in any way.

For Macs, there is also NeoOffice which is based on OOo, but has various patches applied to use native Mac features. IME OOoLilyPond is very problematic with NeoOffice, although I no longer remember the issues or details.