Re: Brandenburg #3 - convert-ly fails

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Brandenburg #3 - convert-ly fails
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:53:55 -0700

On 11/13/10 2:18 PM, "Marc Mouries" <address@hidden> wrote:

> i found the problem why my beanm settings did not have any impact.
>
> i have 1 file that imports another one. if i put the beam settings in the
> first file as follows it does not have any impact:
>
> %===== FILE VIOLIN 1 SCORE ========================
>
> \version "2.13.36"
> \include "test beam exceptions.ly"
> \score {
>  \context Staff = "violini" {
>    <<
>    \context Voice = "violini"
>    \set beamExceptions = #'((end . (((1 . 8) . (2 2 2 2)))))
>     \violini
>>>
>  }
> }
>
> %===== FILE VIOLIN 1 PART ========================
> \version "2.13.38"
>
> violini = \relative c'' {
>    \time 2/2
>    c8 c16 c c8 c16 c c8 c16 c c8 c16 c
>    g8 d16 c d8 g16 fis g8 b,16 a b8 g'16 fis |
> }
>
> if i put the beam setting in the violin 1 part it works. Not sure if this is
> an expected behavior.

Yes, it is.  Every time you set a time signature, the beam settings are set
to the default for that time signature.

If you take the \time 2/2 out of the violini music, it will work.

You can also change the default values for the beaming rules in the 2/2 time
signature.  This is described in the Notation Reference, section 1.2.3 under
the subsection Time Signature.  If you do this in the Score file, when you
include the violini music and set the time signature to 2/2, it will get the
new settings, not the original settings.

HTH,

Carl