Re: more vertical positioning

From: Stephan Elliot Perez
Subject: Re: more vertical positioning
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:03:47 +0100

Ah, I just found that

\once \override TextScript #'outside-staff-padding = #5

works for this problem.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Stephan Elliot Perez <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you for the links.  I have read through the sections for tweaking, moving objects, and usage of the internal reference, but  I still cannot figure out how to move a \markup vertically upward so that it is no longer covered by a beam.   I am still a bit clueless when I look at this page http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/TextScript#TextScript

and  have tried following combinations (among others), both of which are obviously incorrect:

\once \override Text #'Y-offset = #UP=10

%where am I supposed to put this?: ly:side-position-interface::y-aligned-side

\once \override Text #'extra-spacing-width = '(+inf.10 . -inf.10)
% am I supposed to replace inf with something else?

As you can see, I have no idea what I am doing and am desperate need of help.

Many thanks and warm regards,
Stephan

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Vicente Solsona <address@hidden> wrote:
> surprisingly:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Moving-objects

Absolutely! Moreover, this is the very first link given in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/formatting-text#text-alignment

"This subsection discusses how to place text in markup mode. Markup
objects can also be moved as a whole, using the syntax described in
«Moving objects». "

Yours Pondly,
Valentin.