Re: Setting beaming rules back to default

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Setting beaming rules back to default
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:48:54 -0700

On 11/14/10 10:50 AM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

This is a different problem.  \revertTimeSignatureSettings is only necessary
to restore default behavior if the behavior has been changed with
\overrideTimeSignatureSettings.

\revertTimeSignatureSettings will have no effect on the output, unless a
\time command is given.  And in this case, the \time command would have the
same effect.

As is currently documented in the Notation Reference, if the beam settings
have been changed with \set beamExceptions, it can be restored to the
previous behavior by issuing a \time command, but the \time command creates
a time signature as well.

\unset beamExceptions is a much better way to handle it.

Thanks,

Carl