Re: layout questions

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: layout questions
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:32:27 -0500

David,
    Do the rehearsal marks get pushed up for every setting of
self-alignment-X?  If you can find an alignment that obviates the problem,
that seems like it might work.
    Alternatively, the \textLengthOn command defined as:

textLengthOn = {
  \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0)
  \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-height = #'(-inf.0 . +inf.0)
}

with \textLengthOff as:

textLengthOff = {
  \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
  \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-height = #'(0 . 0)
}

Perhaps playing with these two properties individually would do the trick?

Cheers,
Mike