Adjusting spacing between stanzas in 2.13.38

From: Karl Nelson
Subject: Adjusting spacing between stanzas in 2.13.38
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:18:54 -0800

Hi,

Is there any way to adjust the spacing between stanzas of lyrics? So far, I've
been able to move the stanza closer to the staff above it, but I haven't been
able to adjust the spacing between stanzas.

I've included a "tiny example" below with a few of my attempts to date
commented out. What I'm trying to do is decrease the space between stanza 1 and
stanza 2. Anyone know how to do this?

thanks,
Karl

\version "2.13.38"

\paper{
}

\layout {
  \context{
    \Lyrics
    \override LyricText #'font-size = #-1
    \override StanzaNumber #'font-size = #-1

    % This does nothing. I think it worked in 2.12, but is gone for 2.13.
    %\override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(6 . 0)

    % This brings the first stanza closer to top stave, but doesn't adjust
spacing between stanza 1 and 2.
    %\override VerticalAxisGroup #'inter-staff-spacing = #'((space . -1))

    % This throws: warning: cannot find property type-check for
`nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
    %\override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing = #'((space . 30))

sopranoPart = \relative c {
 c'4 d e f g
}

tenorPart = \relative c {
 c'4 d e f g
}

verseOneWords = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "1"
This is this first verse.
}

verseTwoWords = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "2"
This is this second verse.
}

\new Score {
<<
<<
\new Staff = AStave <<
\new Voice = "sopranoPart" { \voiceOne \sopranoPart }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranoPart" { \verseOneWords }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranoPart" { \verseTwoWords }

\new Staff = BStave <<
\new Voice = "tenorPart" { \voiceOne \tenorPart  }