Re: showing counterpoint in solo music

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: showing counterpoint in solo music
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 00:44:11 -0500

Hey Marc,

You could do it with tags. Tag each note that you want to appear in the lower
voice. Then, create a music function that takes one of those 6-note units as
its sole argument (a music? argument). Use this twice for the two voices, and
run the second voice through another function that changes all notes without
the appropriate tag to skips (tail end recursion with an if clause should do
the trick). I'd type it up but I only have my iPhone on me.

Cheers,
Mike