subsections of a book

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: subsections of a book
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 07:01:25 -0800 (PST)

Is it possible to create an additional, third level structure element of the
book?

According to the manual, there is the top level \book, the second level is
the \bookpart and then, it is the \score directly. However, I would need a
third level which would be subsection of the \bookpart. Is this possible in
Lilypond? Or is there some workaround?

I need this for my songbook. The whole book is the \book. Then, there are
\bookparts which mean the songs for the given feast, and each feast has
several separate song types while each of these song-types groups under
itself several songs (not just one). Therefore, I have 3 level structure of
the book and the \score (the song) is only the 4th level. The problem is the
titling and the running headers, where I would need the title for each
song-type to be printed before the first song of its type, while not jumping
to the new page (as the \bookpart do). Also the subtitle of the song-type
should be used in the running headers. How to do this?