How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line

From: James Lowe
Subject: How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:20:11 -0500

Hello,

Consider these two 'contrived' examples

--
\version "2.13.40"

\relative c'' {
  c4 c8 c c4 bes | a2 a \bar "||"
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
#begin-of-line-invisible
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
  \mark \markup { \small \bold \italic "Fine."}
  f4 f8 f f4 f | g2 g4 g |
}

\relative c'' {
  c4 c8 c c4 bes | a2 a \bar "||"
  \mark #1
  f4 f8 f f4 f | g2 g4 g |

In the first {}  example the 'fine.' is aligned with the bar line and in the
second the \mark is also aligned on the same bar line, I'd like to be able to
have a single system with the fine. 'text' \mark and a 'rehearsal mark' \mark
below and above respectively. I say this example is contrived because this
would be a nice *and simple* method (for me anyway) generally to align items
without having to worry about \tweaking each time I ever transpose or add more
bars/notes.

While I realise I could 'tweak' a markup and move it horizontally, the
align/break-visibility alignment method is a nice way of aligning to a given
bar without trial and error and using \mark 'rehearsal.mark' is very simple.

While we have an LSR example

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=10

This uses two staves. Using a << \\ >> construct with just explicit \marks
doesn't seem to work, and I wondered if this was possible?

I hope that makes sense.

James