Re: Adding staves (I think)

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Adding staves (I think)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:10:06 +0100

Hi,

2010/12/5 Br. Athanasius Pelletier <address@hidden>

> I am formatting "Peace Prayer of St. Francis".
>
> I am doing ok with verses one and two which share the same music but verses
> three and four each have different music and I am not sure how to make them
> work.
>
> \version "2.13.35"
> [lots of code]

i tried compiling your code (with LilyPond 2.13.37, but the difference
should matter i suppose) and it throws a lot of syntax errors. Can you
please fix them and repost a code that compiles?
Also i'm not sure what do you want to achieve. Can you please explain
it in more detail, maybe with a small example created manually or
scanned?
I also suggest reading this
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#single_002dstaff-polyphony
and this
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics
sections of the notation reference, they may clear things a bit.

cheers,
Janek