Re: Can't build lilypond missing lily-guile.hh

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: Can't build lilypond missing lily-guile.hh
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:13:59 -0800

On 12/06/2010 12:14 AM, Francisco Vila wrote:
git checkout HEAD  lily/include/lily-guile.hh
That's strange. That got it, but I wonder why git pull didn't? After getting it, now it complains about another missing file included from lily-guile.hh.

./include/lily-guile.hh:37:34: fatal error: guile-compatibility.hh: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I can reclone the repository, but I'm intrigued about what sort of state things can get in that git won't fetch those. So anyway I just typed git checkout, and got this:

address@hidden git checkout
D    flower/include/guile-compatibility.hh
D    lily/guile-init.cc
D    lily/include/lily-guile-macros.hh
D    lily/lily-guile.cc
D    ly/guile-debugger.ly
D    scm/guile-debugger.scm

Then I did a git checkout of each of them.

git checkout flower/include/guile-compatibility.hh
git checkout lily/guile-init.cc
git checkout lily/include/lily-guile-macros.hh
git checkout lily/lily-guile.cc
git checkout ly/guile-debugger.ly
git checkout scm/guile-debugger.scm

Now everything builds fine. Now I didn't delete them out of my tree. Although it's always in the back of my mind that I want to learn the lilypond code, I haven't done it yet, so all I ever do is the occasional git pull and make install. Anyone have any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Patrick