Re: virtualization software for windows

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: virtualization software for windows
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 02:10:39 +0100

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't know and yes it is something that changed after Oracle bought Sun,
> because I definitely do not remember a PEUL license. Once I installed the
> GPL version it just then prompted me to update and update and update. I
> guess I just didn't notice the change of the license and did what any
> avergae user does and just clicks through the EULA.

Since we're talking about Oracle, this just came out:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODg3Ng

Looks like they're going to *substract* features from VirtualBox so
that they can sell these features separately instead, as closed-source
"external packages".

(sigh) Can these people ever learn? I'm wishing for a "VBox
Foundation" to appear and start a hostile fork (preferably with a
vengeance).

Cheers,
Valentin.