Re: virtualization software for windows

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: virtualization software for windows
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 02:40:08 +0100

> (sigh) Can these people ever learn?
On Windows there is no alternative.
At least the QEMU version for Windows didn't work out for me when I
tried it.
So ther is VirtualBox, VirtualPC (Microsoft - which doesn't even run on
all Windows versions)  - and vmware.

There is also colinux - which runs on i686 only AFAIK - which is more
complicated to setup - because you have to install Xming or xserver
from cygwin in order to get a gui.

I'm not an expert. That's my experience only.

So maybe a livecd and a USB stick as storage is an alternative ..

Because lilypond dos not require too much gui a vserver would do as
well. Interested people could login using SSH and get started - viewing
pdf files using a browser. (Even VNC access is possible - the fun
depends on your internet connection speed)

Marc Weber