Re: virtualization software for windows

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: virtualization software for windows
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:13:39 +0100

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Marc Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> So maybe a livecd and a USB stick as storage is an alternative ..
>
> Because lilypond dos not require too much gui a vserver would do as
> well. Interested people could login using SSH and get started - viewing
> pdf files using a browser. (Even VNC access is possible - the fun
> depends on your internet connection speed)

In my opinion, the absolute ideal alternative is to use Wubi (it would
work great with LilyBuntu, btw):
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer

However, the only time someone followed this advice (I believe it was
Carl), it screwed with his bootloader and caused serious damage. (I
haven't heard of anyone else having encountered problems with it, so I
think there's some kind of a LilyPond-specific curse at play here :)

Cheers,
Valenitn.