Re: barre line chordshape

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: barre line chordshape
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:20:14 -0700

On 12/7/10 7:25 AM, "bart deruyter" <address@hidden> wrote:

> @James Lowe :
> I've tried countless snippets, got tiered of trying even more. Then figured
> out I was finding snippets for 2.13.2 branch lilypond, while I use 2.13.41. I
> had no time to spend anothour 2 hours figuring out and trying to understand a
> dozen other snippets, so I mailed this mailinglist.
> Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bart,

This is an honest question, not an attempt to start a flame war.

Why couldn't you understand the example in Notation Reference 2.3.1, with
the text that says "Barre indicators can be included in the
fret-diagram-terse markup string"?

Also, why couldn't you understand the rules \fret-diagram-terse definition
strings as described in Notation Reference A.8.5?  This section of the
documentation is linked from Notation Reference 2.4.1 Fret diagram markups,
with the line "Details about the markup interface are found at Text markup
commands".

I"m asking these questions, because I want to understand how the
documentation could be improved, since it's explained in the documentation
but you either couldn't find or couldn't understand the documentation.

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen