Re: Odd output

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Odd output
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:59:48 -0500

Your friend is absolutely correct for that particular case.  Sullivan chose the lesser of two evils. Misspelling the dominant chord would have been confusing to the pianist and spelling the vocal line as A G Gb G would have looked weird to the singer.  My response was directed to the original example which doesn't give enough context to justify the F#/Fnat relation musically.

Cheers,
Mike