problem with complicated tuplets (xenakis)

From: Sepand Shahab
Subject: problem with complicated tuplets (xenakis)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:12:51 +0000 (UTC)

Dear list members,

I'm having a problem with tuplets displaying correctly in certain situations but
not in others.

for example, the following works fine on its own:

\time 4/4

c32 c c16

\times 8/7 {c16 c c c c c32 c c16}

\times 7/6 {c c c c c c }

\times 5/4 { c16 c c c32 c  }

\times 4/3 {c16 c32 c c c  }

\times 4/3 {c16 c c }

 \times 5/4 { c c c32 c c16   }

\times 6/5 {c16 c c32 c c c c16   }

\times 7/6 { c16 c c32 c c16 c32  c c c }

But it does not display correctly if there is a part above it with similarly
complicated tuplets.  For example if you take what's above and put it in the
left hand of a piano part, then take the exact same music, shift it over by one
measure and place it in the right hand, something goes wrong.  why?
I'm using lilypond version 2.13.7-1 on osx 10.6.5