preventing DynamicText/SpanBar collisions

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: preventing DynamicText/SpanBar collisions
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 08:43:28 -0800 (PST)

This is mostly a copy of a message I sent to the bug list:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2010-12/msg00092.html

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The \ppp collides with the SpanBar in the example below.

\version "2.13.43"

\new StaffGroup \relative f' <<
  \new Staff { R1 | f2\ppp r | }
  \new Staff { R1 | f1 | }

Is there a good *generic* way to prevent DynamicText/SpanBar
collisions?  I'd like the DynamicText and NoteColumn to move
to the right as a unit, preferably with a single setting to
put in a \layout block so as not to have to do this
repetitively in the music expression.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
- Mark