Re: musescore

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: musescore
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:44:05 -0500

    Ed> Does anyone have an opinion if it's a good manuscript program?
    Ed> Not that I am interested in stopping my use of Lilypond...

I've been using it to import capella files (from the web -- it's the
Holborne dances on the Werner Icking site) and export lilypond, and the
lilypond it exports is pretty good.  (I think the deficiencies I have to
hand-code around are in the capella import.)

I've also tested entering notes via a MIDI keyboard, and that sort of
works, but not well enough to tempt me away from emacs.  I wouldn't even
think of entering notes in a GUI program by hand.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose
in the world.

Robert Frost, in "Education by Poetry"