Re: More about min-systems-per-page

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: More about min-systems-per-page
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:50:12 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "craigbakalian" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:54 PM

> Are you asking me for the notes, rhythms, dynamics, and articulations?
> Do you want one invention?
>
> Craig Bakalian

Please see http://lilypond.org/website/bug-reports.html

So that a bug report can be meaningful, and developers are able to find out
what's going on an verify a fix, we need a tiny example that is not
copyright.

Hi Phil,

It is my music.  There is no need of copyright?  But, there is nothing
tiny about this example.  It is a multi-document issue.  It is eight
short piano inventions, each about 20 - 30 measures long that are in a
\book.  So, I cannot make a bug report with under ten lines of code.

So, please advise?

There's no maximum length, but it is important to ensure that the example demonstrates the problem with the minimum of extraneous code. So, unless, say multiple voices are needed, don't use them. Ditto multiple staves per system. Ditto lots of markup. Try to make the smallest, simplest possible example that demonstrates the problem.

--
Phil Holmes