Re: Inner and outer margins

From: James
Subject: Re: Inner and outer margins
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:39:23 +0000

hello,

From:  Paul Scott
Date:  Sun, 27 Jun 2010 01:16:01 -0700
Gecko/20100619 Icedove/3.0.5

On 06/27/2010 12:24 AM, Nick Payne wrote:
Can't remember if I've previously reported this, but in a score where
I've setup a separate title page using bookpart, and the first page
number therefore set to zero to get the numbering to start at 1 on the
first page of actual music, the inner and outer margins get swapped.
With the lines below in the header section, what I actually get is a
1.5cm outer margin and a 1cm inner margin. I have to swap the values
around to get the inner margin to be the wider. This is with 2.13.25.

first-page-number = 0
print-first-page-number = ##f
outer-margin = 1\cm
inner-margin = 1.5\cm
two-sided = ##t

Not a bug. Odd pages are always on the right. If your first page is on the back
of the cover page it must be page 2. If you want the music to start on page 1
you must have blank page on the back of the cover page and have page 1 be a
right page. In that case

first-page-number = -1

might work but I don't know that.

Paul Scott

Hello, this has been added to the code for the Notation Reference manual as a 'warning'.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=36dd3392bcc0462f7d8af5f5a8bf24c544e43cda

Regards

James