Re: bar number printed above the phrase (slur) curve

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: bar number printed above the phrase (slur) curve
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:17:12 +0100

2010/12/16 MING TSANG <address@hidden>:
> Hi, Janek:
>
> Thank you for the solution.   That means I need to tune up after the score
> sheet is completed for the large score.
> Is there a parameter that will put the bar number just above the staff / bar
> line?

You can use
  \override Score.BarNumber #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
(without \once) and all bar numbers will be affected, but then some
may collide with slurs or other objects. Unfortunately as far as i
know there is no way of telling LilyPond "please lower the bar numbers
so they are inside slurs, but don't do this if there is not enough
space under a slur" :/

cheers,
Janek