Re: beautifully reworked wiki page

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: beautifully reworked wiki page
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:09:00 +0000

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 17/12/2010 13:09, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>>
>> although the German
>> page has a very beautiful Stockhausen excerpt.
>
> At what point would this contravene some copyright law?

Depends on the legal jurisdiction -- which, of course, is not
particularly well-founded for internet sites.  The new ACTA treaty
might say something about this; I can't remember.

In my non-expert (I am not a lawyer) opinion, the current except on
the German page would contravene Canadian copyright law.  (if Canadian
copyright law would apply to somebody viewing a webpage written in
German, which is probably hosted on a server in the US, while in the
UK)

I honestly don't know why people tempt fate like this -- I mean,
Patrick's fibonacci is beautiful!  If you like the colours from the
Stockhausen except, well, those are easy to add to Patrick's piece.n
Throw in some cross-staff beams, and you're done.  And he's already
put the work in the public domain, so there's no problems making those
modifications!

Cheers,
- Graham