Re: Chords symbols for Function Theory (Riemann)

From: Music Teacher
Subject: Re: Chords symbols for Function Theory (Riemann)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:40:24 -0500

Thanks!

I read these posts, but this doesnt really help in the case of
analysis after the fonction theory. Minors and Majors arent used in
this form, instead, the last letter of the main symbol does it (upper
case=major, lower case=minor).

But there is more. Each symbol is like an elaborated matrix, i send a
pict attached to get an idea. You need also the ability to cross-out
the main symbol (meaning a chord without fundamental) and the
possibility of substition (two main symbols in a column, meaning that
the upper one is the fonction till now and the lower one the fonction
from now on)
And last but not least, this analysis can be written without music. So
I suppose the (new?) fonction should work either in a lyric-context
and in a markup.

Well, according to my less mathematical brain structure, this is a
matrix. The question is just how to implement it.

Francois