RE: How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:12:51 -0500

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Puttock [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Fri 12/17/2010 22:50
To: James Lowe
Cc: address@hidden

On 16 December 2010 11:29, James <address@hidden> wrote:

> I suppose I should also add that to the LSR snippet. For the kind of music I
> engrave the method for extra offset is fine pretty much, and much less
> complicated than adding a second voice and then a \layout {} function.

What kind of music are you engraving where a load of unwanted space
above a system doesn't matter? :)

Cheers,
Neil

__

I take the point, but most of my single system, one voice, scores seem not to
look too bad with more space between the systems (I just print out more pages
:) ). I don't use this double rehearsal mark that much but it is a useful and
simple hack.

I was hoping that a \tweak would resolve this but Phil seems not to think so
and I cannot find anything in the IR to suggest it would or know what bits to
tweak (like the dynamic mark), but there maybe a case in some music (especially
where there are LOTs of ledger lines below the staff that having space above
the next system below (where it doesn't clash) might possibly be ok or at the
very least negligible.

James