Re: Note head clashes

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Note head clashes
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:41:42 +0000 (UTC)

On 19/12/10 02:45, Peter O'Doherty wrote:
> How can I notate the (piano) chord <e' f'! fsharp'>4 without a clash
> between e' and f' and change the order of accidentals to the more
> logical f-natural, f-sharp?

Remember, Peter, that the more logical order natural-sharp looks just
like the old way of indicating a simple sharp, following an earlier double
sharp.
People don't use the extra natural as much any more, but it is all over the
piano music that I own and learned from.  sharp-natural-notehead makes it clear
that there are two accidentals.

> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=505 shows one way of doing it.

It is question of taste, but I prefer { << <e' f'!>4 \\ fis'! >> }