Re: ways of using Lilypond?

From: Ludo Beckers
Subject: Re: ways of using Lilypond?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:07:32 +0100

Frescobaldi was the first one I looked at, but asking questions on their Dutch forum (the developer is Dutch, so it seemed the most logical place) was in vain; no replies at all.
After that I looked at Denemo, and their forum is very much alive.

To get aquanited with Lilypond syntax I'll start using Gvim as a stepping stone to vim, I think.

PS Arlon and Antwerp must look the same today; everything covered in snow ;-)

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
On 19 December 2010 10:32, Luca Rossetto Casel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I usually work with Frescobaldi; sometimes, Lilypond Tool.

Frescobaldi is a great tool!
Its "score wizard" (Ctrl+Maj+N) is very useful for beginners, IMHO.

Under Windows I use jEdit+LilyPondTool, really nice too.
Sometimes I simply use gedit (GNU/Linux) or notepad (windows), when
I do small modifications.

Cheers,
Xavier

PS : Arlon/Louvain-la-Neuve here!