PDF output to Illustrator--non-LY fonts not appearing

From: Andrew C. Smith
Subject: PDF output to Illustrator--non-LY fonts not appearing
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:08:05 -0500

I'm importing Illustrator into Lilypond

I used past mailing list suggestions to convert the feta-alphabet fonts to ttf
and drop them into the Library/Fonts folder. However, I have Lilypond write my
text in a different font (Garamond) and use yet another font as "sans" for
alternative accidentals. Neither of these fonts show up when I open the PDF in
Illustrator--both just show up as x-ed out boxes.

Any ideas? Anyone able to get markup to show up in Illustrator? I should say
that Century Schoolbook shows up perfectly when I convert to PDF—the problem is
with non-native Lilypond fonts.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew