Re: printing A4 pages on A3 paper

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: printing A4 pages on A3 paper
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:44:00 +0100

Il giorno lun, 20/12/2010 alle 07.43 +1100, Nick Payne ha scritto:
> > I just want to be sure that my pdf is ok and understand why the shop
> > failed to print directly to A3.
> Adobe Reader has a booklet printing option. I use it frequently to
> print
> A4 to A3 and then fold to make an A4 booklet.

Yes, I know.. the problem is: it's quite likely - at least in my little
experience - that people working in print shops don't know how to use
Adobe Reader.

So there are two possible solutions:

* creating a pdfnup-ped 2 on 1, A3 landscape file
* learning how to use Adobe Reader and teach them :)

I'll choose the second.
As my printer can't print A3, I'll practice with A5 pages in A4 booklet.
So:

lilypond -dno-point-and-click -dpaper-size=\"a5\" file.ly

Now I'm testing the Page Scaling > Booklet Printing option, but I can't
say if it's working because duplex is not working now.
I guess it's a driver problem (I'm using hplip on linux).
I'll try to solve it and test it again..

Cheers,
Federico