Re: ways of using Lilypond?

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: ways of using Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:06:59 -0500

On 12/20/2010 8:54 AM, Ludo Beckers wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Marc Mouries <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 18, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Ludo Beckers wrote:

> Just wondering, has there ever been a poll about how many Lilypond users work with a certain specific tool.
> Is the majority in this group using denemo, frescobaldi, lilypondtool or other tools?

I am on Mac and built my own editor "LilyEditor" very simple with syntax highlighting and just one button to invoke lilypond and update the pdf view.

That's probably beyond my present capabilities, but could you explain briefly how you achieved a customization like that?

It's not customization, I followed an Objective-C tutorial and built it from scratch.
FYI, I have not released it in the open because I used lex for the syntax highlighting and it does not support accents.

On PC, i switch between notepad++ and the ecipse plugin Elysium.
Elysium is also on my list to check out, having touched the surface of Eclipse (with the Karel program, probably the simplest in the world ;-))

Elysium is good but i miss the ability to just right click and ask to open a specific file that is not already in the workspace.
It's and Eclipse limitation.

Ludo