Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 111

From: Patrick Karl
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 111
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:37:21 -0600

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:44:38 +0100
From: Mike Solomon<address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Lily Dances -- lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 111
To: Father Gordon Gilbert<address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Dear Gordon,

The links in this posting are in fact attached files that should be downloaded
to your local machine, not websites on the Internet.  If you look in the folder
in which attachments are saved on your machine, you should be able to find and
open them.
I have this same problem whether I am reading the Digest with the Mac OSX Mail client or with Firefox on Windows Vista. I have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to "...the folder in which attachments are saved on your machine". Most normal emails that contain links to files on the Internet don't behave in the manner you indicate.

I have to say it: what kind of cockamamie scheme is this? The files we are talking about actually live in the Internet on the lists.gnu.org server. And in some cases they might be so large that I wouldn't want them to be routinely downloaded onto my machine. Why can't the actual, correct URLs be used in the Digest rather than these fictitious ones?