Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 114

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 114
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:37:29 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the tip.

From: Patrick Karl <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden; address@hidden
Sent: Thu, December 23, 2010 12:24:13 PM

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:39:19 -0800 (PST)
From: MING TSANG <address@hidden> Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 97, Issue 111 To: address@hidden Message-ID: <address@hidden> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" I try all three links and I got the following error message: Not Found The requested URL /archive/html/lilypond-user/attachments/20101222/441958db/svgdance.bin was not found on this server. I am running firefox 3.6.13
That is a constant, ongoing problem with the Lilypond-user Digest.  I think it may be a function of the format of the Digest you signed up for.  Apparently, the format you and I have chosen is malformed, resulting in all the attachments pointing to nonexistent files on the Internet.  I have raised this issue before and got no satisfactory answer.  The way I deal with the problem is this:

* When I get the "Not Found" message, trim the URL in your address window in your browser to:

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user

* This gives you a list of all the digests in the following format:

    . 2010-12: [Date]  [Thread]
    . 2010-11: [Date]  [Thread]
    etc.

* Click on the [Date] link for the month the digest you're interested in, in this case the first one, which contains all the digests for the month of December, 2010.  You will get a list similar to:

  *  In this case we are interested in the entry by Mike Solomon with the Subject:  Lily dances which was digested on 22 Dec 2010.  I don't know why there are two such entries, but they seem to be identical.  Click on either one and you will get the original entry with valid links that are clickable and will actually function correctly