Re: moving Tie_engraver to Score

From: Jürgen Ibelgaufts
Subject: Re: moving Tie_engraver to Score
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:55:57 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the response. I tried this and as you would expect, the notes
now were tied together, butI  ran into other difficulties that I could not
find a solution for.

Adding a hidden note extends the measure by the note length and the \break
does not work anymore. I tried \cadenzaOn and \cadenzaOff, but still no line
break. Then I tried a temporary 5/4 timing but this made a couple of other
side effects that I could not get rid of.

Then I tried to not add a hidden note but adding a note like this: "c2*0"
(what is this construction called?). But now, I get a warning from voiceOne
"Too many clashing note columns", and the tie in voiceOne does not appear .
The tie in voiceTwo (same timing as voiceOne) appears correctly without
producing any warning.

Now finally I used slurs instead of ties, and this works in both voices
without warnings, at least optically (but to be honest, I dont' understand
at all WHY it works :-)

BTW all these workarounds make the lyrics get out of sync, which must be
fixed by adding an extra "_" to the lyrics. And it seems that the note value
in "c2*0" overrides the note value of the next note that I want to get tied
(in my case, the next note is a half note). If I say for example "c4*0",
this overrides the tied half note in the next measure into a quarter note,
but the measures still calculate correctly. Very curious!

Cheers :-)
Juergen

Rather than moving the Tie_engraver you could try inserting hidden
notes (\hideNotes) in the same voice context and tie-ing to them.

Trevor