SVG instrument names misaligned

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: SVG instrument names misaligned
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 23:12:52 +0100

This displays fine as a PDF, but as an SVG the names of the staves appear oddly
shifted in several browsers.  Any suggestions for how to fix that w/o too much
kludgery?

Also, is there a way in SVG to use a font whose design is more appropriate for
the scaled size of lilypond's normal output?  I have a feeling that part of the
reason this may be off is due to the crimped nature of the font that comes with
using native SVG fonts.  I would be more than happy if there were an option
that created a an SVG which turned all of the fonts to which I'm accustomed in
the postscript version into Bezier paths in the SVG that displayed as beautiful
lilypond lettering.

Thanks!
Mike

\version "2.13.44"
\paper { left-margin=4\cm }

\score {
  \new StaffGroup
  { <<
    \new Staff = "mordant" { \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {
\right-column { "en mordant l'anche" "et soufflant" } } a' a' a' a'  }
    \new Staff = "gemissant" { \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {
\right-column { "en poussant des petits cris," "la gorge fermée" } } a' a' a'
a' }