Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 1.2.0

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 1.2.0
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:02:38 +0100

Op zondag 26 december 2010 schreef Bernardo:

> One handy thinkg would be easy configurable 'quick inserts'. The user
> could write a "plugin" with his/her own favorite articulations/etc.

The new Frescobaldi (2.0) will sport a more flexible plugin-like structure. In
1.2 you could use the Expand Dialog (Ctrl+.) but that one does not create
articulations on multiple selected notes/chords.

> Other would be midi insert mode, with maybe integration with VMPK
> (also qt based).

You can use VMPK by routing it to Rumor (which does the conversion to
LilyPond) and use Rumor inside Frescobaldi via the rumor panel.

> 2010/12/26 Bernardo Barros <address@hidden>:
> > Very nice, Wilbert!
> >
> > I'm downloading it.
> >
> > The plans for 2.0 include new functionalities, or mainly the
> > replacement of pyKDE?

Both ;-) Main target is becoming available on Mac and Windows in an easier
way. I'm not sure how to handle things like embedding a MIDI player. That sort
of things probably still require multiple backends for the different
platforms. New functionalities that are already in place are multiple and
split views, and highlighting of LilyPond inside HTML, DocBook, LaTex, Texinfo
etc. LilyPond-book will be supported and it will become much easier to define
own build commands. Running commands is not yet done but almost all generic
editing functionality is already in place.

There will also be a custom PDF preview with two-way point and click
integration: moving the text cursor highlights objects in the PDF and objects
in the PDF can directly be manipulated because the built-in parser knows that
type of object they represent. The parser is already quite good and also
provides the highlighting. Plan is also to integrate MIDI input so that rumor
is not needed anymore. But this needs a MIDI backend and that is not yet done.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/